Traditional Irish Coffee Recipe
When we were in Ireland a few years ago, we befriended one particularly friendly bartender (it's just our way), and he left us with one of our favorite Ireland souvenirs - the recipe for Traditional Irish Coffee. It's nothing overcomplicated or fancy, but the secret is the homemade whipped cream. It makes all the difference. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- For Irish Coffee:
- 1 Cup of Freshly Brewed Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 1 Jigger of Irish Whiskey
- Homemade Whipped Cream (this is a must)
- Fresh Nutmeg
- For Whipped Cream:
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For Whip Cream:
- Chill metal bowl and whisk in the freezer, 10-15 minutes.
- Pour in cream and add sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk until the cream forms pretty peaks.
For Irish Coffee:
- Preheat glass with hot water, and then add the brown sugar.
- Pour in the hot coffee and then stir in the whiskey.
- Carefully pour the cream on top so it floats nicely. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle nutmeg.